CALL TO ACTION:
Contact Dr. Staples, Mr. Gecker, and at least one other member about the HS graduation requirement.
Position statement to right.Sample letter here. Pick a BOE member who resides nearest you.
All letters (from your home email or address) should be addressed to:
Virginia Board of Education (BOE)
Dr. Stephen Staples – Superintendent of Public Instruction
and - Mr. Daniel A. Gecker – President, Virginia Board of Education (Chesterfield)
And/or additional BOE members:
- Diane T. Atkinson, Vice President (Hanover)
- Kim E. Adkins (Martinsville)
- Dr. Billy K. Cannaday (Charlottesville)
- James H. Dillard (Fairfax)
- Anne B. Holton (Richmond)
- Elizabeth Vickrey Lodal (Fairfax)
- Sal Romero, Jr. (Harrisonburg)
- Dr. Jamelle S. Wilson (Richmond)
Virginia Board of Education
PO Box 2120
Richmond, VA 23218
Please see the Talking Points. This document has contact information, dates and tips. We need as many of you as are able to attend and speak at one of the meetings.
This document is for you to leave behind after you speak (DOCX, PDF). Make changes, personalize it, add your contact information at the bottom. Be and advocate for the arts!